There have been some feature requests and a few bugs after 1.0.5. This new version (1.0.6Beta) implements those features and fixes those bugs. Following are the changes from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6Beta.The version is tagged Beta and the Beta tag will be removed after some more testing. And the tested version (1.0.6) will be uploaded to the addons.mozilla site.
YouTube has made some changes on 3rd August, that made BYTubeD fail. BYTubeD 1.0.6Beta includes a fix for this.
- With 1.0.5, playlist videos could not be downloaded.
- 1.0.6Beta fixes this bug.
- Support for short YouTube URLs (http://youtu.be/ and http://y2u.be/ links)
- An option in Preferences: "Generate YouTube page links as well when 'What to do?' = 'Generate Links'." which is by default FALSE.
- An option in Preferences: "Always get highest quality video (don't care whether MP4 or FLV)"
Some other changes
- Alert if "Start" is pressed without selecting any videos.
- Alert if no YouTube links were found on the page where BYTubeD was invoked.
Destination directory field is disabled by default. That means, you can not type in that field directly. Browse button can be used to change the destination directory. Or the Destination field can be enabled by checking the "Enable the destination directory field. I want to be able to type the destination directory." check box in Preferences.
- Better error reports in the Failed Requests tab of the Queuing Status Window and in the generated links page.
- Added a "Quality" column while showing generated links, to tell what quality video each link corresponds to.
- Added an option in Preferences: "Generate YouTube page links for failed requests when 'What to do?' = 'Generate Links'." which is by default TRUE.
Meanwhile, the users are requested to install 1.0.6Beta from here, test it and make comments here in case there are any issues. Thank you!